Honor One Another: The ABCs of Embracing Our Spirit Within
Book Club questions encourage a closer look at the details in the book you are or will be reading and discussing. Questions aid in the understanding of the content and can challenge assumptions and expand one’s thinking. Questions enable members to share differing perspectives and opinions, thereby opening a whole new world of interaction with fellow book lovers – and within each person’s own growth process.
Just a few words about moderating a Book Club group:
Book Club Moderation can be rewarding. Whether you’re a seasoned or first-time book club host, here are some tips to help guide the discussion about your chosen book:
- Prepare in advance, choosing questions (from the lists below, the book itself, and or your own ideas) which allow for thoughtful and fulfilling discussions;
- Set expectations and a few ground rules to avoid conflicts or monopolization of time by one or more members. For example: Will discussion move around the group (with each person having an opportunity to respond) or can members jump in at any point?
- Be a proactive moderator…posing one question at a time, starting with a broad question everyone can answer, and then subsequent questions based on how the discussion flows;
- During the discussion, be sure members stay on track and feel respected and heard;
- Restate some of the thoughts being shared to ensure you (and others) understand what is being said.
- When discussion starts to wander off-topic, gently guide the conversation back to the book; and
- Always highlight the merits of both sides of a particularly deep discussion…before moving onto a new question.
Following are the current questions available for discussion with the book, “HONOR ONE ANOTHER: The ABCs of Embracing Our Spirit Within.” Please feel free to select and discuss other questions which come to mind, as well.
About the Cover Art:
What do you think of the book’s cover?
How well does it convey what the book is about?
How would you have designed the cover art?
About the Book’s Title:
How does the book’s title work in regard to its contents?
If you could give the book a new title, what would it be?
About the Writing Style:
What did you think of the author’s voice and style?
Did the quality of the writing match the message?
Did the author do a good job of organizing her ideas?
Did the book’s structure serve its message well?
About the Author:
What do you think was the author’s purpose in writing this book? Was she successful in what she set out to do?
Did you find the author’s message compelling?
Does the book seem to fit with what you know of the author?
Would you read another book by this author? Why or why not?
Describe this book in one sentence.
Are you glad you read this book?
What letter of the alphabet could you relate to most? Least?
What did you like best about this book overall? And least?
Share a favorite quote from the book. Why did this quote stand out for you?
Were there any other passages which you underlined, or that particularly affected you?
Have the message and ideas in this book affected the way you go about your life? If so, in what way?
Do you believe the book touched on broader social issues?
Do you have a new perspective after reading this book?
Would you consider re-reading this book? Why or why not?
What was your biggest takeaway from Honor One Another?
How would you summarize this book as a recommendation?
To whom do you want to recommend this book?
Last but Not Least:
If you could ask the author anything, what would it be?
For your convenience, you may print or download the Book Question Sheet from here:
Thank you for considering my book, “HONOR ONE ANOTHER: The ABCs of Embracing Our Spirit Within,” for your Book Club group. If you have any questions or would like for me to participate – in person or by Zoom, please feel free to message me on my Contact page, email, or other convenient social media messaging.
Please note that questions can be used for any book. Questions can be customize for any book in your reading group. Questions for my books will be updated as books are published.
Blessings of love and peace to you always.